
{My quirky pineapple list.
*I have a crystal necklace from Hawaii, that was a gift from Lincoln's Mom. This was the first pineapple.
*Lincoln always grills pineapple with brown sugar. Seriously- at least twice a month.
*I have a welcome mat with pineapples on it.
*You know how "they" compare the size and weight of a growing baby to a vegetable or fruit...well, the week Simone was born--she weighed as much as a pineapple.
*I stopped a girl in the street with a cute pineapple tank on to ask her where she got it. It was from J Crew, but they were sold out! I found it on EBAY! Lincoln won the auction and beat out a bidder named "pineapple posh." He was in Vegas and used his blackberry to win it! Never mind that pineapple posh pushed him to spend $40!
*I found out on my trip to Lancaster PA, that pineapples are a sign of hospitality. I like to think Lincoln and I are hospitable people. There was a gorgeous white handmade quilt with a subtle pineapple design. I didn't dare ask the price...I am sure it was outrageous.
*A year ago, we saw a whole pineapple on the side of the road on the way home from the gym. We went to the gym A LOT last summer, and we saw that little pineapple everyday until it was a shriveled black pineapple. Every time we drive on that road my kids still look for it.}
In the evening I ran out again, to get pedicures with Scarlett, Christie, Barbra and Elise. I almost didn't go because I thought it would be hard with Simone. I am glad I went, my feet needed it! =)
Sunday morning Lincoln and the kids brought me a DELICIOUS yogurt parfait and a glass of orange juice. Strawberries, blueberries, pineapple, blackberries, granola, and vanilla yogurt. Yum! After church we ate a quick lunch, and then we all took a very long nap. Dinner was amazing. Lincoln made my favorite Bolognese pasta, and we had root beer floats later that night. What a wonderful day.
Wyatt made me a great card at school. Inside it said "I luv yoo". He also gave me a painting of 5 flowers. Purple crayon flowers with green painted stems. Each stem was different; curly, straight, zig-zag, double, and wavy. He said "It took me TWO DAYS!"
7 comments:
You'd LOVE the pineapple plantation on Oahu. That little plant is adorable! Cute that Simone was as heavy as a pineapple when she was born! Your girls' day sounds like so much fun! I love that it took Wyatt 2 days! That will be fun to look back on in the years to come.
That sounds like it was a great Mother's Day. I love the pineapple plant it is so cute!! I love pineapple too.
Sounds like a wonderful mothers day with your cute little family...=)
Love all your pineapples...lol
Your "ing" blog was so fun Jeri, very creative. I also Like how you rounded the corners of that picture, very very neat looking!
Wish Simone and Charlee lived by each other so they can be friends...maybe they can be penpals?
What a nice mothers day. your plant is so cute, and so you!
So glad you had a lovely mothers day Jeri!! I didn't know you loved pineapples! That's really neat! The out-bidding of Pineapple Posh made me laugh!!:)
I had a pineapple bed! That is a really cute plant!
How fun-a pineapple plant. By the way, you are one of the most gracious, hospitable people I know!
Post a Comment