I haven't be very good about writing down the funny things my kids say. I used to be much better at that.
Here are a few recent ones....
***
Natalia came into our room. She was playing "family" with Simone.
"I am the Mom, and she is my daughter," she said.
Lincoln asked her who her husband was.
She paced a bit trying to think up a good name for her imaginary husband.
She came back
and said, "His name is Lincoln Wyatt Peanut Butter."
Then she lovingly put her arm around her "daughter" and said proudly, "We're the Peanut butter family."
We laughed so hard, and that delighted her. She was so serious, but loved that we thought it was funny.
***
Somehow the kids talked me into making a chocolate layer cake tonight.
My best chocolate icing yet.
I used my charming new turquoise cake plate with a ruffled edge, and it
wasn't even someone's birthday.
After the forks had be passed around and everyone had been served, it was quiet.
Then Wyatt said, "I wish I could marry this cake!"
***
Simone got hit in the head with a super tall Hello Kitty gumball machine.
It reopened the wound on her forehead that was just stitched up 15 days prior, but not bad enough to go back to the ER.
What a mess.
The gumballs were all over the floor. She began to pick them up by the handful in hopes of keeping them.
I encouraged her to help me put them back.
She was a great little helper.
The last blue gumball was picked and shoved into her mouth before I could do anything about it.
Now she retells the story like this.
Mum. Mum. (gum)
Head. (Points to her head.)
Owie.
Blue.
***
I was brushing Talia's hair with a new brush. She had something sticky in her hair (painful), so we washed her hair. She was amazed how well the new brush worked. It didn't hurt. (Hello...we had just washed your hair sweetie.)
"How did that brush do that so well?"
"It's a magic brush, " I said in a whisper, "Magic brush .....get rid of the tangles."
Then Natalia said, "Magic brush....I want a kitty."
"It doesn't work that way sweetie," I said between laughs.
Here are a few recent ones....
***
Natalia came into our room. She was playing "family" with Simone.
"I am the Mom, and she is my daughter," she said.
Lincoln asked her who her husband was.
She paced a bit trying to think up a good name for her imaginary husband.
She came back
and said, "His name is Lincoln Wyatt Peanut Butter."
Then she lovingly put her arm around her "daughter" and said proudly, "We're the Peanut butter family."
We laughed so hard, and that delighted her. She was so serious, but loved that we thought it was funny.
***
Somehow the kids talked me into making a chocolate layer cake tonight.
My best chocolate icing yet.
I used my charming new turquoise cake plate with a ruffled edge, and it
wasn't even someone's birthday.
After the forks had be passed around and everyone had been served, it was quiet.
Then Wyatt said, "I wish I could marry this cake!"
***
Simone got hit in the head with a super tall Hello Kitty gumball machine.
It reopened the wound on her forehead that was just stitched up 15 days prior, but not bad enough to go back to the ER.
What a mess.
The gumballs were all over the floor. She began to pick them up by the handful in hopes of keeping them.
I encouraged her to help me put them back.
She was a great little helper.
The last blue gumball was picked and shoved into her mouth before I could do anything about it.
Now she retells the story like this.
Mum. Mum. (gum)
Head. (Points to her head.)
Owie.
Blue.
***
I was brushing Talia's hair with a new brush. She had something sticky in her hair (painful), so we washed her hair. She was amazed how well the new brush worked. It didn't hurt. (Hello...we had just washed your hair sweetie.)
"How did that brush do that so well?"
"It's a magic brush, " I said in a whisper, "Magic brush .....get rid of the tangles."
Then Natalia said, "Magic brush....I want a kitty."
"It doesn't work that way sweetie," I said between laughs.
Natalia's surgery went well. I have pictures...and a few funny stories to share soon.
6 comments:
So funny! That cake was amazing. I love those kids.
Cute! I think Wyatt's cake comment is my favorite. BTW - you need to check my blog. I have BIG news! :)
so glad things went well with the surgery. thanks for the funnies - i need to do a better job of jotting those down too. they are what i want to remember.
Ha! Very funny! I love the magic brush one!
Magic brush... we need one of those! So what's up w. your blog not showing up on my blog reader?? HUM?
If you love the cake so much, why don't you . . . oh. :)
Cute funny kiddies.
Post a Comment