I can't believe it's the 23rd of December! I tried really hard to be ready this year. I am not. I just realized an order I was expecting...I didn't ever place it. Oops! Off to the mall I go.I will also admit that I am a failure this year. I told Lincoln I wouldn't do any photo sessions or photography (editing, ordering, etc.) in December. I DID TONS! I'm sorry babe. I worked so much I haven't been to dance class in FIVE weeks. That makes me cry!...REALLY I'm crying about that. I did FIVE session in December, when it should have been ZERO. Next year will be different. The whole year. I am really changing the way I work.....not taking on new clients....for a whole YEAR. I'll have a wait list for 2012. I am so lucky that my clients KEEP coming back! It is strange and wonderful to see these little families grow, and I feel so honored that I am the one they ask to capture it. There are several clients I have photographed for SIX years. Their homes are covered in my work, and it make my heart sing when I see that!
Back to my family....
I filled my cute advent calendar with fun Christmas activities. A few my friends and I brainstormed together to come up great things to fill our month with the Spirit of Christmas. Here are a few examples of the things they pulled out of each door.....
Cut out snowflakes.
Drink hot cocoa with candy canes.
String popcorn and cranberries.
Go cut down a Christmas tree.
Decorate the Christmas tree.
Sleepover under the Christmas tree.
Christmas stories by candle light.
Put up the Nativity.
Do something nice for somebody else. (Keep it a secret)
Gingerbread house!
Symphony of Lights
The Lights at the Temple. (Go see the Christmas tree with Mom's photos all over it inside the Visitors Center!)
Eat a Candy cane.
Wrap Presents.
Smores in the fireplace.
Electric Trains as the Fire station.
Build a tent fort and listen to/sing 5 Christmas songs in it.
Christmas movie night with popcorn.
Christmas movie night with ice cream!


The Christmas tree farm. It was so so cold, and the wind made it unbearable! It was a fun adventure, and the kids loved it.


This is Wyatt reading about the Ginch, while Talia cuddles as stuffed animal of him.
After Wyatt got done reading I heard Simone in the kitchen, "You a time out. Nose to the WALL!----You in time out."
I looked to see her holding the Ginch, his feet on the floor and his nose on the wall!
That's what you get for stealing Christmas from Whoville I suppose.
1 comment:
Jeri. This post makes me want to be a better photographer. ( like many of your posts with amazing photos) THEY are amazing. AMAZING. I am so glad you have had such a wonderful month of Christmas joy. Merry Christmas my friend!
Post a Comment