Monday, July 30, 2012

This blog is not dead


I used to be an amazing blogger. I would write down every detail of the most mundane or blissful days, and it was fantastic. I love reading those old posts.

I've only blogged three times this year. That makes my heartache. I can't catch up. I am going to do a post right now where I try to remember back. I'm just making bullet points, so someday I can write real posts about these things.



January. Geez. I can't remember. It didn't really snow this winter. We got to go to the park a few times.  We spent a lot of time at the dance studio. Wyatt won the pinewood derby. That was good day. 

I changed my mind. I always take pictures with my phone, and I started sharing them on instagram in November of 2011. So here is all the pictures I took in the month of January, and a little story if there is one.


 Two buddies. I think he's the only kid that wishes didn't have his own room.





 Wyatt got a bow and arrow for Christmas. They all had to take a turn shooting the target.


 



Tiny bit of snow.

 Lincoln was on a phone call so Simone and I had a Taco picnic in the playroom.


 This story has nothing to do with laundry. See the book on the bed? That is Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone. Wyatt and I started reading the Harry Potter series together. As soon as we both finished a book we would watch to the movie together. It has been so fun! I love these books!! I had several people advise me to have him stop reading after the fourth book for age appropriateness. I HATE NOT READING THEM WITH HIM! I about half way through the 6th book now. He reads so fast he would always be ahead of me, and we would always talk about what I had read the next morning. I would kill him not to give away what was coming next. I loved that we had something special just between us. I finished reading the 3rd book late one night, and I tiptoed over to his room to see if he was awake reading. He was. I whispered, "I'm done!" He said, "YESSSS!" with a little fist pull. What do you call that? Anyway. It took all my strength not to go get him out of school early so we could watch the movie. Good memories. =)

 This key lime pie....I dream about it.

Simone got on a breakfast in bed kick. =)

 Scooter in January. love.

 

 Cold.

 Not cold. We went to the park. These are Simone's purple Moccasins in the sand.

 Yep. I had to say, "SIMONE, don't throw sand like confetti!" Right after I took this.

Tiniest and cutest ballerina I know.

 I started playing Words with Friends on my phone. A lot.


Simone set the Tea Set up like this. I loved it sitting here in the sunshine like this. =)


We started taking crazy bath tub pictures. You'll see more.

Wyatt won the pinewood derby!




Simone LOVES this Nutcracker. It's July now right? She was dancing around with it yesterday. He lives next to her bed. She'll be Clara in the Nutcracker one day. =) 


I love this place! My friend brought me this. I looks exactly how I make my own. =)

 Tiny bowling shoes!

 Almost finished! I love this collage!


Snowy rooftops. 

 He may have the longest eyelashes ever!


Dollface baby asleep at the dance studio. She always falls asleep on our way there.


Let me take your picture. Now go back to bed.


I bought these glass jars for art supplies last Christmas. I love them.

There is one for markers.
One for crayons.
One for paint.
One for beads.
One for puff balls.
One for paint brushes.
One for pencils.
One fore scissors.
One for colored pencils.

We love art in our home.


Too many clothes in one small closet. 


One day I did my hair and make-up, and then I did house work. Mostly laundry. 
My life is so glamorous. 
 Tub crazies.

 Simone was taking tons of pictures while we were at Sephora.

Here I am getting a little make-up demo. =)

 Tub crazies.

I'm in a fruit and vegetable co-op, I love it. 


Cute hood....cute sleeves.



Ready for ballet class.


Cosmic bowling! 





Sick little Simone.






4 comments:

Maggie said...

<3 I love this post. I love these photos, and remember them fondly as I have seen them on your instagram. I do miss your blog. =)

Mahaffey Family said...

Hooray! I have missed your blog! You busy lady, you! :)

Corinne said...

I miss your blog too! The pictures were super fun :)

Kayelynn said...

I loved all the snippets of your cute life in Maryland!