This year the first day of school was cancelled because hurricane Irene visited the day before. Luckily Irene didn't do lot of damage here, but we had many friends without power for quite a while. I'd like to take this moment to thank hurricane Irene for scaring me to the point where I got my family 5 beautiful (inside and out) 72 hour kits, and a restocked the shelves in our small pantry and food storage.
Penny and I took the kids to get "first day of school" pictures. We went to an old one room school house, but it turned out not to be the best location. The side door was the only spot with good lighting, and it just looks like some old door with new hardware. :( Inside though...oh my goodness! There is an old vintage desk, huge old blackboard, teacher's podium, coal stove, long sink for washing up, and teacher's desk. There are even boys and girls outhouses.I need to get in there for a session BAD!
Well here are the kids......
Here are my two big kids on the real first day of school. Natalia is in first grade and Wyatt is in fourth. Talia's first day was "the worst day of her whole life", because a boy LOVES her and won't leave her alone. Wyatt's was fantastic! He got off the bus happier than I have ever seen him! (Well after school that is.)
Our school does a march in where the parents are invited to come and cheer. They announce each grade and then state the year they will graduate high school as they go into the school! It's great.
The bus was 15 minutes late to pick up the kids. I walked home and hopped in the car with Simone. While I was passing a different Elementary School I saw the bus my kids were on pull out of the drop off zone. THEY WERE TAKEN TO THE WRONG SCHOOL! I am glad this new bus driver didn't make them get out. =)
(Thank you to my new 8 followers! LOVE YOU! I added following for a cousin of mine that requested updates from my blog. I am not sure that is the best way to get updates, but I love to see the faces/comments of good friends and family here.)





6 comments:
Awesome, I love those kids!!!
I hope every day is the best day of school for them.
Grandma
I love your pictures :)
LOVE your back to school photos! SO CUTE! Where is this school house????
I'm with Sara, where is this place? Adorable!
Well, I can't remember the name...but it's right by that old house I use for sessions, by Rockburn park.
Great pictures! I love the girls' outfits w/boots. I think Tyler might be in love with her, too, if she was in his 1st grade class this year. She's a cutie! :)
Post a Comment