Friday, September 02, 2011


I found this image, and I am so glad that I have it. I wish I would have taken a few more. This was taken at my brother Dan's wedding. The little baby is Simone, and my Grandma James is holding her.

Yesterday was my Grandma's funeral. She was 97 years old. She led a good life, and I am so happy that she got to live we us so I got to know her better. I am even more happy that my two little girls loved her, and got to know her too. She had an appartment in the basement of my parents home. Every time we visit their home it doesn't take long before Natalia (and later Simone) would disappear. Without fail we'd find her in Great Grandma's apartment, she'd be rearranging the teddy bears and dolls with crocheted dresses. It drove me crazy, and I'd put them back where they belonged....and my Grandma would smile and say, "I don't mind if they play with them."

Natalia would climb up in her chair with Great Grandma, and I was worried that little jumping bean would hurt her. The smiles and giggles those two shared are priceless. Simone joined in the fun as soon as she was old enough get down the stairs.

Good memories. I am so glad I have them.

We love you Grandma, and you will be missed.



5 comments:

Maggie said...

SO sweet Jeri. Love this picture. I wish my girls could have known either one of my grandmothers. They are lucky girls.

Kristin said...

Love this, thank you Jeri.

Corinne said...

I'm so sorry for your loss Jeri. I love that she was around long enough that your children will remember her.

Jeri said...

Thank you for the sweet comments.

Kayelynn said...

Oh Jeri, I'm so sorry. I feel like I know your grandma after hearing about your sweet visits/memories with her over the past 11 years I have known you. What a wonderful picture for Simone.