Thursday, May 20, 2010

Amazing.....

(Took this last summer.)




The most amazing thing just happened.

Wyatt was walking up the drive way. The girls were on the steps. I saw a beautiful black and blue butterfly land in the flowerbed. I pointed it out to the kids so they could see it before it flew away.

Wyatt said, " Nobody move." He tip toed over to it.

I said, "What are you doing? What are you going to do if you catch it?"

"I'm going to pick it up. Watch."


He stooped down, put his hand gently under the front of the butterfly, and picked it up. I couldn't believe my eyes. It stayed there for quite a long time. Then I ran to get my camera, and it flew away.

Then he said," That was a black tiger swallowtail butterfly. I know it was."
"I saw it's proboscis too."

Really? Where does he keep all this information? I love this about Wyatt. Tell him a fact, and he'll remember it!

6 comments:

Christie said...

I love that about wyatt too. :-) How amazing that it didn't fly away!

Annie Mitchell said...

That is so cool!! Max loves information. They were doing research at school on butterflies the other day and he kept saying I found some information!! I love watching them learn and retain.

Anonymous said...

wow---little smarty pants you have on your hands...
I already forgot the probitisis word...or whatever you said that he saw on the butterfly..lol

YOU ARE A BUSY LADY!
I can relate :)
are you going to teach dance after you pass everything?
you should....its in your blood!

Rileigh said...

Wyatt's a stud

Jenni said...

He is a butterfly whisperer!:) Awesome!!

Cami said...

Wow! Nice job Wyatt! A wealth of information, that boy.