Today has been an emotional day.
I was released from my calling in church today. It's been two and a half years since I was called to serve in as the first counselor in the Primary Presidency. I loved this calling, and I loved serving the children in our ward! What an amazing and overwhelming responsibility it has been. We had over 100 children in our ward before the ward was divided. I can honestly say that love every single one of these little ones! I wanted to make sure they knew that I loved being in the Primary with them each Sunday, but when I started to tell them that I began to cry. Geez. =) How do I feel about being released? It is Bittersweet. I really am so busy, and a lighter load is a very welcome thing right now. Then at church today I saw the kids and the people I got to work with so closely, and my heart ached. I will miss it.
On to another emotion....Elation!
I got a COMMENDED on my ballet exam, which is the highest ranking. I did not expect that! I was praying just for a simple pass. The exam was for the Cecchetti Grade 1 Teacher exam. I will not lie....it was so so so so difficult. Everything I studied...I was not asked. Things that I thought were second nature to me, were not when I was being watched so closely by the two examiners. I still loved the exam process...my cheeks hurt from smiling when I left the room. I was not smiling from happiness, I was smiling to try to lighten the MOOD in the room. It was so serious!
Well- I have got to get to work. I photographed Talia's dance school yesterday. Correction--OUR dance school. I am a dancer again! Saying that make my heart sing!
You know, I love my life right now. Life is good!
7 comments:
I'm so happy for you Jeri! Congrats on all your dancing excitement! I bet Talia is so happy to dance with you.
I am so happy for you. You deserve every moment of joy in your life! I love you.
Yay! Congrats on your accomplishment! I know the feeling when you talk about being released from priamry, its hard to say goodbye, especially when you feel so attached to the kids. Never fear, I am sure you will find yourself back in there...I have sheesh. =)
So HAPPY!! So did they call a new presidency and you dodged that president bullet? :-) I know you were worried about that!!
congratulations! on both events, i suppose. it means moving on to new adventures in both cases!
I LOVE that you are a dancer again. Really, what a joy :)
Congrats!! That is so great! That is great to be an ANYthing again. Maybe someday I'll choose something that I once was to be again.
Post a Comment