Saturday, October 16, 2010

The Wonderful Wizard of Oz

Natalia wanted to have a Wizard of Oz party this year. It all started when her cousins showed her a picture of the REAL ruby slippers they took at the Smithsonian. She fell in love with those shoes, and WANTED THEM. I mean, really wanted those exact shoes. I told her NO ONE gets those shoes, they are in a museum. She decided a glittery pair from target would do, and she loves those shoes.


I am posting every detail of the party for Rileigh. I really really missed her while I was pulling this together, but she still gave me some good ideas by phone. =)



The invitations.


Follow the yellow brick road to The Emerald City.......err, um...........door. =)


The first thing we did was make some mini apple pies. Yum!




Then came the party games. Lincoln made this fantastic Tin Man! We used heart shaped sticky foamies and wrote the their names on them. (See that adorable girl in the gray sweater? I hired her to help with the party and that was the best thing ever. She is amazing! I had so much help during this party. I have the best husband, friends, and babysitter!)



The girls loved this game.





Wizard of Oz was playing during the whole party. Right when we began the Beauty Parlor, that is the scene that was showing on the TV. It was perfect! Most of the girls hadn't seen the movie before, and they understood why they got a makeover. It was Talia's favorite part of the party!






I told the girls that we had invited the Scarecrow, Cowardly Lion, Tin Man, Dorothy, The Wizard of OZ, and even the Wicked Witch of the West but they couldn't make it. They called me and asked if they could bring by some food for the party since they couldn't come. I said, "Sure!"





MENU:


The Witch brought Flying Monkey Goop. (Some girls would not taste this because of the name!) =) It was pistachio salad.

Dorothy brought delicious Ruby Red Strawberries.




The Scarecrow brought some corn from his field.

The Wizard brought his OZ-um Punch.
It was OZ-um!


The Lion brought Cowardly Lions in a blanket. (TOTALLY Wyatt's idea!)


The Tin Man brought yummy Chocolate Cupcakes with a touch of tin.





They ate lunch on the Yellow Brick Road, and watched the last bit of the movie. This "road" ran from the drive way all the way through the house. It was wonderful--and cheap. $15 for 100 feet. Call me if you need some yellow table covering. =)


Each girl took home her homemade apple pie, one red apple, and a few little oz inspired goodies. (The pencil in red glitter.)



Lincoln- "Make a wish!"

Talia- "I LOVE KITTENS!"

(No joke! That is a quote!)

9 comments:

Barbara said...

So cute! Love this theme! When I was little I watched this movie every other day(that's all my mom could handle of it)! Great job on the party ideas:) looks like the girls had a great time!

Mike James said...

LOLOLOL@
I love kittens!!

best wish I ever heard.

onecent said...

I LOVE KITTENS!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHA! that is SO Talia! I love her! she looks a little TOO grown up in this picture by the way! what a fun party! will you throw me one in March? LOL

Rileigh said...

I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT! SO GOOD! Wonderful job Jeri, I am so proud! It looks awesome.

Maggie said...

It was so fun, I was totally impressed. My girls had a fabulous time.

Mahaffey Family said...

You get an award for that one! Looks like it was a BIG hit! Totally makes up for The Rainforest Cafe that isn't there! :)

Holly said...

That is an AWESOME party! You are so amazing and so creative! Down to the cute food brought by the no-shows. Such great ideas!

erin sheely said...

Wow! I am super impressed. What a great idea!

Cami said...

This is an amazing party. GREAT Job. She looks adorable.