Sunday, September 04, 2011
follow follow me
I am making a few changes to this ancient blog. I've been blogging for FIVE years. I think that is crazy. Last night I couldn't sleep, so I read old posts. I like the old posts better. I think they were longer because Lincoln worked out of town so much and that is what I blogged at night! I do love reading them though whether they are long or short. They lift my spirits when I am down, and remind me how blessed I am. I am so busy now, and I hardly have time to blog. I miss it.
I didn't blog about my insane Mardi Gras birthday party that Lincoln threw me in February. I came home from ballet one night and heard a ton of noise inside the house as I unlocked the front door. I was so angry! Why weren't the kids in bed? It was 10:00 at night! I opened the door and saw my littles and my handsome husband dressed in their Sunday best. The boys had on masks, and the girls looked like little dolls in fancy feather boas and beautiful masks with big plumes on the top. There was jazz music playing and streamers everywhere. We instantly started to dance! It was amazing! My kids were so into it, and I kept laughing....they really got me! The gift Lincoln got me was amazing....blow my mind amazing.
Lincoln had paid a graphic designer, who happens to be a great friend, to turn my blog into a book--two humongous books really. They are beautiful. They are huge! They have beautiful, well thought out layouts. The strangest feeling came over me as I flipped through them. "My work is all of a sudden printed somewhere," I said out loud.
I am not always good about printing my own photos. It feels so good to have them where I can turn the pages and remember.
I am going to try to be better at blogging. Sarah (the designer) needs to have something to put in the the next book! Every time I think about all the photographs I've taken, but haven't had time to blog- I get so sick. I must try harder.
I have a favor- would you follow my blog? I was trying to add "following" to my blog and it deleted all my old settings. I made a new banner, added the follow thingamabobber, and changed a few things. I thought I would point it out so all my troubles were worth it.
=)
Oh, I also figured out how to post big images on this new version. I adore the big images!

7 comments:
Jeri, This is an awesome change,
I love your blog, and I will follow, thanks.
Mom
LOVE the new banner. Love it. Can I frame it and put it on my wall? ;)
I've tried to add your blog to my reader several times (and again today, and it says it can't find a feed. I signed up to "follow' though. :) Can't wait to see the blogs come rolling in! ;) xo
I love it when you post! LOVE to see your images! I'm definitely following!
Felicity, we used to host this blog on our own server, when we made the switch back to blogger I thought it would fix that problem...but it didn't. I am not sure what else to do.
If someone knows, pass on the info! =)
when i figure out how to follow it, i'll do it! i do follow it already, unofficially. :)
What an amazing birthday to remember always! I bet your kids remember it, too. Lincoln's a keeper, I tell ya. And yes, just keep blogging, just keep blogging, just keep blogging.
I think in the blogger formating options, there is a place to allow the feed to be public or private. No one can "follow" it if it is set on private. You probably already checked that...it's all I could come up with for ya. :) Good luck with that!
I totally noticed the new banner! Super lovely, my friend! I'll follow you anywhere ;)
Post a Comment