I think we caught more fireflies this year than an other year.
We went out almost every night.
I am a little sad because I don't have any pictures of Wyatt.
He didn't want to catch them as much as the girls.
I didn't take my camera out every time.
Here are some of the firefly pictures from 2011.
This first one is my favorite.
Talia fell and scraped her face (and shoulder) right before school ended. It was terrible. She was running down the drive way to catch up with Wyatt and tripped. Poor thing. It healed pretty quickly but it did scar underneath her eye.
These pictures were taken near Natalia's dance teacher's home. We were there for the year end picnic. We had just finished swimming at the beach, and as we walked back to her home we found a million fireflies. We had to stop and collect a few. At one time Simone had 14 in her little fist. She catch the bugs with one hand, and then add them to her little lighting bug jail.
Talia lived in the red hooded cape for a few days.
Simone lived in this dress all summer. She calls it her "Wendy dress". I didn't mind that she wore it so much, because it looks so timeless in photographs. My Mom made it for Natalia. She also made her the yellow one pictured above, and a cute butterfly one just for Simone. I love that she love and WEARS all three all the time. =)
This evening Talia had just come home from dance class. They wanted enough fireflies to fill a jar, and to keep it in their room as a nightlight. They caught so many, and had so much fun doing it.
It worked! The next morning we let them all go, so we could catch them again!









3 comments:
WOW. that's an AWESOME post. I remember the fireflies. We haven't seen them since we left Maryland. Simone is so little! I can't believe her tiny little feet in those ballet slippers. Awesome pics, Jeri!
Magical summer nights! So glad you captured them! Great shots Jeri!
fireflies are magical! I had to keep a close eye on keenan...every time it was dark and he was awake i had to watch for the "slip" :) He would be outside catching away!Fun times:) I love the "wendi" dress-it is timeless :)
Post a Comment