Monday, December 19, 2011

williamsburg in 2010

 Here are some more from my Holga. We went to Great Wolf Lodge with  Ben and Rileigh in 2010. We took the drive over to Colonial Williamsburg and I was so in love that I went through all the film in my camera really fast! Too fast, I only had 12 frames. I was dying for my digital camera but had decided to leave it home before the trip. Why do I do that?

We ate at a restaurant in an old home that served food from that time period. It was great. They sat us in old  wooden chairs, and we looked out old wooden windows with wavy, warped glass panes. The staircase was super tiny and I kept having to use it to take the girls to the bathroom. All of it was so great! I think Lincoln ordered Welsh Rarebit now that I think about it. I'll have to ask him if that's right, and if it was good, and what it was again.{smile}


 Here are some pictures from our first 15 minutes there. I wish I had photos of the vegetable gardens! I loved them. They had these wonderful signs that marked each plant, gorgeous chunky old locks on the sheds, and huge colored glass domes they put over some plants. I guess I'll have to back some day.




 Little herb garden.
I WANT one of these!








No comments: