This year we went to Myrtle Beach in October. We usually go in September. It was really chilly the first few days we were there. We braved the colder temps. and got in the water anyway. We spent more time in the hot tubs too.
Shivering Simone running to get a towel.
Warming up in the hot tub.
Love this picture. =)
Building a sand castle the next day. (A little warmer thank goodness!)
I read a book last summer called, The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. Rileigh recommended it to me, and I loved it. (I'm now recommending it to you.) There is a part in the book where the main character is looking out at the sea and says the water was shimmering with sun pennies. I fell in LOVE with that term! See the sun pennies behind Talia in the photo above? I could look out and admire them forever.
The only picture I have of the three of them together this trip.
Sun freckles through a straw hat....another love.
A trip to Magiquest.
The bokeh (beautiful blurred circles of light) behind her may be the prettiest I've seen. I want to go back there.....just for this. I'll have some crab too, since this is Joe's Crab Shack.
They had Talia put on fairy wings and shake salt (which was fairy dust) all over the restaurant while they sang happy birthday. Fun memory.
Two kids playing in the ocean.
Five minutes later, in this very spot, Lincoln spotted a small shark in the waves. The shark would been about four feet to the right of Wyatt. Our kids were out of the water. We all stared in the waves to see if we could see it again. We did! Then we noticed all the jumping fish. Every few seconds a fish would jump. Far out in the water and close to the shore we watched these fish jump. We talked to the life guards and they said a large school of fish was passing and the sharks were there to eat them. We stayed out of the water and watched the fish jump as they passed, for a LONG time. I can't remember the kind of shark they said it was, but it wouldn't have harmed the kids. Whatever....fish with teeth...not good. Especially with our luck this year.
Simone watching the fish.
Wyatt building a sand castle....his favorite thing to do at the beach.
Good bye Myrtle Beach....until next time.












4 comments:
Loved this whole post! I want summer back.....
What a perfect spot you guys have found.
Agreed! This post is makig me yearn for summertime! <3
What a perfect trip! Love all the pictures.
This looks completely magical.
Post a Comment