We got two cabins.
We did all the camping musts and then some really creative new things.
The first night we roasted hot dogs and set up our camp.
We watched a movie projected onto the side of our cabin while we ate smores.
I endured large "only in Maryland" size bugs.
Pots and Pans singing breakfast songs sound even sweeter when you are the one listening to that music. Delicious! Thanks Ben and Rileigh.
Then we went to the beach.
WHAT?
YES! THE BEACH!
This was an unexpected little detour and I am glad I packed our suits at the last minute.
I was giddy walking with my toes in the HOT sand.
Lincoln was sneaky and went and got me a giant strawberry lemonade.
I LOVED THAT! It was divine.
We did all the camping musts and then some really creative new things.
The first night we roasted hot dogs and set up our camp.
We watched a movie projected onto the side of our cabin while we ate smores.
I endured large "only in Maryland" size bugs.
Pots and Pans singing breakfast songs sound even sweeter when you are the one listening to that music. Delicious! Thanks Ben and Rileigh.
Then we went to the beach.
WHAT?
YES! THE BEACH!
This was an unexpected little detour and I am glad I packed our suits at the last minute.
I was giddy walking with my toes in the HOT sand.
Lincoln was sneaky and went and got me a giant strawberry lemonade.
I LOVED THAT! It was divine.
My eight year old on his birthday, in one of his favorite spots on this entire earth!(Happy Birthday Buddy!)



Back to camp.
We sent the kids and husbands off so we could decorate the camp and make the cake.
They had a true battle in honor of Wyatt's birthday.
Swords.
Giant axes.
Shields.
(All rubber and soft of course)
Giant axes.
Shields.
(All rubber and soft of course)
Then from across the forest we heard, "Behold we return home from battle."
"Wyatt was triumphant, and was crowned king!"
"Welcome Home, We honor thee with a fantastic feast!"
"Wyatt was triumphant, and was crowned king!"
"Welcome Home, We honor thee with a fantastic feast!"
A birthday feast.
Lincoln made chicken in a fancy foil oven grill thingy he made. It was perfect, no-- it was amazing.
I made my brother Brad's dutch oven potatoes!
Lincoln made chicken in a fancy foil oven grill thingy he made. It was perfect, no-- it was amazing.
I made my brother Brad's dutch oven potatoes!

Could you have a better birthday? I think not.


6 comments:
I want you to plan my next Birthday/ Camping trip.... oh no wait.. I was born in Nov... never mind.. but it does look terribly fun!!
FUN, FUN, FUN! What a birthday to remember!
What a great party trip! Those cabins and party decorations look fun. I bet Wyatt was on cloud nine!
ahhhh! I loved it
I LOVE it! What a fabulous idea. He will ALWAYS remember it :)
I think there is no better birthday. Anything involving a beach, really. Simone looks heavenly.
Post a Comment