Friday, January 28, 2011

Batteries

Simone got wings, a tutu, and butterfly wand for Christmas. One day after the kids got on the bus we dressed her up and she danced around the playroom.


Hop

hop

twirl

and fall

run

jump.

jump.

jump.



Then she stomps over to me and says, "My wings broken.

I not fly.

This is not magic."

She holds her wand in front of her face.

"This is outta batteries."







I am so so thankful for her. I say all the time that she is my saving grace. (Goodness knows she didn't start out that way!) I love the time we have together each day.

She is really looking forward to her birthday. She is making serious plans! Everyday I hear about the "Diego party" "Butterfly party" Garden party" or "Ladybug party". She has a great guest list. Today the cake went from chocolate with chocolate frostin', to chocolate with pink frostin'. Chocolate sounds more like fawklet when she says it though. Her birthday is in March- two more months of party planning two-year old style!

I have to talk about Diego since I brought him up! Simone loves Go-Diego-Go! She adores him and Baby Jaguar. She watches him on my ipad while I'll sleep next to her in the morning. (I LOVE HER for this.) One day we got a Netflix envelope in the mail. Lincoln and I looked at each other with puzzled expressions. We don't order movies in the mail....we just watch them instantly on the xbox and the ipad. He opened the envelope and started laughing. He turned it around so I could read the title.

"Go Deigo Go, Saves the wolf pups."

Simone! Ordering Diego movies! We both laughed.



One side note about the sleeping in. While I was in Texas last week I SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT! Seriously. I haven't done that in THREE YEARS. It was the strangest feeling ever. I woke up at 7 refreshed and ready for the day. Simone wakes up still several times a night, she will go from sound asleep to screaming. I don't know what to do for her. It doesn't take much to calm her down. I say, "Everything is okay, " pat her back and she's back to sleep. If I don't go in there....she comes and finds me. I say the same thing...and she walks back to her bed and goes back to sleep. If she isn't waking me up-- someone else will always step in and make sure I don't sleep.

She gets a gold star for letting me sleep a little longer after the big kids leave for school though!

10 comments:

Maggie said...

Darling girl. I love that Simone. We have girls that think a like...always planning a party, Sophia is talking about her March birthday too. Good times ahead!

Mahaffey Family said...

She is such a cutie! Ashlyn has the same love-Diego! My older boys hate it with a passion. They moan and groan when she wants to watch Diego over and over again. I just remind Hayden that if I lived through Teletubbies for him, he can put up with Go Diego Go for Ashlyn!
I love the photos of her!

felicity & nathaniel said...

I LOVE it. I needed a Jeri Photography fix to inspire me... Gorgeous pictures. I laughed out loud at the netflix story. So silly! Funny, my boys are more into Dora! haha! I can't believe she's almost two!

Cami said...

My Jane is SO the same in so many ways. But she has yet to order any Netflix! Yikes! Once I think she ordered an entire Bon Jovi album on itunes though. At least we liked the album.

I wish these girls could be friends in their fairy wings. Very cute.

Jeri said...

Thanks ladies. That's the saddest part felicity- she'll actually be turning three. I can not wrap my head around that one. She's so small!

I agree with you Cami, Simone and Jane would be great friends!

Kayelynn said...

Adorable! What a smart girl ordering movies! lol!

Anonymous said...

LOVE that picture of her on the ground...she is pure sugar!

i laughed out loud when you said she ordered the netflex movie..LOL!
Im also planning a cute little 3 year old party coming up...wish Simone was closer so she could come.
cheers to there TWO amazing daughters of ours!

Anonymous said...

these..not there..lol

Daisy said...

Love that girl! She is so beautiful,she looks like a barbie doll-Perfect!

Deb said...

3?? impossible. really, that's impossible. but she's also impossibly adorable. :)