Thursday, March 24, 2011

Let me tell you about Hawaii......






That about sums it up.














Really though-
The first day was a lazy day. We got there after a long long long flight from Atlanta.
Checked into our hotel, walked on the beach, found a really nice sushi place, went shopping a little, and drank a ton of free pina coladas. (Do I even need to say they were virgin? Who doesn't know that?)



We were in Hawaii because Lincoln is amazing.
HP awarded the top five percent of their sales force with this awesome vacation.
There were people from ALL OVER THE WORLD!
How many years has Lincoln been in sales? ONE
What was that again?...In the top five percent?----Yes that is right.
I am so proud of him!

HP also gave us tons of cool stuff. Each day we got something...or a few things.
The first day we got our free Maui Jim sunglasses. ($500 in free sunglasses!)
Beautiful white embroidered robes.
A plate of yummy fruit. (Pineapple, mango, papaya, clementines, bananas.)
A box of Honolulu Cookie company cookies, and a bottle of Kahlua. (We laughed at that.)
Two Hawaiian shirts.
We got too many Leis to count. I LOVED THEM!
Lincoln got a cool award, and I got a Waikiki coffee table book.
A swim/sport bag with sunscreen, waterproof pouches (for your phone or camera), a hat, a visor, and a HD video camera.
I also won a HP touchpad during a crazy game show thingy.
(I wasn't going to volunteer, but they said anyone who came on the stage would earn their HP partner a 50% quota reduction...so I put one hand in the air, and Lincoln pulled my other arm up fast. I was chosen to go up on the stage in front of 1200 people! I was the only American on my team of 6 people. We won by one point! Of course they were kidding about the quota reduction, but I can't wait to get the touchpad. That is totally going to be for his birthday! He really wanted one.)

We went on two excursions courtesy of HP.

The first was snorkeling.
We were supposed to be on this 70 ft. boat, but they over sold that.
HP got a catamaran for the extra people. We got to go on that! There were like 10 of us!
We saw the other boat while we were in the water, and the people were packed on it like sardines! We were so lucky to get to go on the catamaran!



We had only been out on the water for about five minutes when the driver spotted a school of dolphin. We made our way over to them and they swam around the catamaran for a long time. Lincoln and I were out on the net, and they were right underneath us! We started to count them the best we could...we think there were about 30...maybe more.

(I told Natalia about the dolphins on the phone. She BEGGED me to put one in my suitcase! Lincoln and I laughed so hard!)

We headed over our snorkeling spot. I am really grateful for Lincoln. I kind of freak out (he is the only one that can tell) when I first get in the ocean....it's coldish (it was a rainy day), and it takes me a minute to get used swimming in the waves. He just held my hand so tight, and helped me calm down. Then we were off to find the sea turtles. We saw three! One came up for air right underneath me. I swam over a little so I wouldn't get too close and he ended up about 3 feet from us at the surface! He was the biggest one we saw that day and SO HUGE! We got back on the boat for a yummy lunch and giant cookies! Then we got to sail along the island for another hour. We passed the "big boat" while heading out. They only allowed 25 people in the water at a time, so most of their day was spent waiting. (WE ARE SO LUCKY!!)

Then we had another stroke of luck! We saw a mother humpback whale and her baby! They were about 100 yards from us. It was amazing! We saw one more whale during our time sailing.

UNBELIEVABLE! Once in a lifetime I tell you! I loved that day. =)


I have more to share tomorrow. =)

8 comments:

Kayelynn said...

Wow! It all sounds amazing...like a dream. Way to go Lincoln!

Travis and I went on a catamaran snorkeling trip off of Oahu, too. The best part was when the dolphins swam up underneath us as we were sitting on the net. So cool you got to do that also!

I'm anxious to read about the rest of your trip.

felicity & nathaniel said...

If you could fit a dolphin in your suitcase home, then maybe next time you go to hawaii, you wouldn't mind stashing one dolphin-sized-felicity? ;) Sounds divine! I can't wait to read more.

Lincoln said...

Jeri drank all the Kahlua and had to sleep on the balcony all night.

okay, okay... I am just kidding.

I loved Hawaii. I keep telling people I have been married for 2 weeks. It's true, I feel so refreshed and so goopy in love again. Everyone should have a 10 day vacation in Hawaii.

Rileigh said...

Yeah your posting Hawaii! It sounds so wonderful so far. I can't wait to hear more! Natalia cracks me up. Love it1

Maggie said...

I have been WAITING for this post...me and most of North America! It's so worth the wait! Sounds so dreamy. I am so happy you guys could have this experience. Can't wait for the next post!

jenny-penny said...

I have been checking your blog daily, multiple times because I have been so excited to hear about your adventures, and this was really only ONE of them! :D So FUN!!! Love it! Can't wait to read some more.

Mike James said...

wow.

Deb said...

that is so awesome. really. i'm so glad you got to go!