I have had a good couple of days trying to get out of my photography funk. Yes. I am in a funk. I don't know how to get out of it completely. I keep shooting, but I don't download the images. I think it's because I don't have time to look at my own pictures. I took on fewer clients this season. I turned people away even. I just couldn't do it this year. Last year was insane. I thought that if I had less on my to do list (photography wise), that I could be the amazing mother, wife, dancer, decorator, home organizer, chef, friend, gospel teacher for my kids, and housekeeper that I am in my head. Nope. Eliminating a little of one thing did not help me achieve any of that. (Yes, I've had some crazy health issues, that may have been making me a little fatigued. But whatever.) I was still pretty busy, my house was still a mess, I missed dance a ton, my kids ate weird stuff sometimes, the awesome Christmas plans haven't all been done (I still have time.), but I feel okay about it.
I down loaded these today. I took them in the summertime. They made me cry. It's proof, I tell you! They're happy. They love each other. I don't have to be perfect. I may be grouchy from staying up too late working, but they don't really care. They are so quick to forgive and forget.
We laugh.
We're kind of dumb together.
We have our family jokes.
CAKE! Did someone say cake?
I hope one day they will look at these pictures are remember all the wonderful things we did together when they were little. How good, perfect even, it felt to be together.
5 comments:
I think these pictures are so sweet and I love how Simone is smothering Wyatt with smiling kisses. I think you are amazing, Jeri! Love you!
I'm in a funk too! I've taken out my camera only two times in all of december so far, and maybe 5 times (?) in November. Good luck, my friend! I adore the pictures of your little loves. They're so sweet!
I'm sorry for your funk and the health issues you mentioned. The pictures are beautiful! Your kids look like they are so sweet with each other. That is success.:)
You have such good kids, how could you ever doubt that you're a good mommy? And it's not the cleanliness of the house that they'll remember it's the fun they had turning it upside-down! :)
You guys are so cute. We have lots of family jokes, but mostly, they are extended family jokes about the funny things my boys say. Not as cool. I'm in a bit of a funk myself. I realized there was like 2 months when I didn't even pick up my camera. I blame it on my camera, actually. I want a new one. I can't afford one. One and a half months of Ethan's therapy would pay for one. Argh. Still, I ought to take a picture or two now and then. You are so great, and I love the way you write in your blog. It makes me happy.
Post a Comment