Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Tree farm

Lincoln loves a real tree. It is a must for our family. We are lucky enough to live by some really magical tree farms, so we always cut down our own Christmas tree. Why, yes tree farms are magical. I don't know why, I just love being there. Walking through the rows of trees with my sweet family. Making fun of each scrawny "Charlie Brown Tree" and saying that that would be the perfect tree for Simone. This year we went with the cousins. It was a great time, and I'm so thankful it wasn't bitterly cold like last year.


 Simone rode around like this the whole time. 
Well, until the tree took her spot!




 On the hunt.

 Found it. It got five thumbs up, and Lincoln and Wyatt cut it down. 


 So this picture....It's a funny story.

I wanted to do a family picture at the tree farm for our Christmas cards. 
(Which never got made, but that's a different story.)
I had a vision in my head of what I wanted. 
See us all evenly spaced out?
See the beautiful trees in the background?
See Lincoln's orange gloves?

WHAT?
Really, Babe? Really?

See Wyatt with a saw
Not exactly what I saw in my mind!

See Simone with her belly showing.
Awesome.
At least she looks happy.

Oh, then there's me. I look so awful! Someone needs to teach ME how to stand in a picture. 

Natalia staring off into space. 
In a super cute hat.

BUT
The GLOVES.

I want to die.









  I take it all back. 
This photograph makes me so happy! I don't mind that the posed family one didn't work out, at all. 

Christmas tree farm bliss!

3 comments:

Maggie said...

You know, I love ALL these photos even the one with the orange gloves. =) Awesome...and the last ones of Simone and Lincoln and Natalia with the tree. I am gah-gah over thoes. And btw, you always look so pretty you crazy nut. =)

Rileigh said...

I am not kidding, the posed picture is one of my very favorite pictures of your family. ever. ever.

Jeri said...

LOL! Thanks Rileigh!