Saturday, March 26, 2011

more Hawaii


I think I'll have to use that title like six more times.




I had my nights mixed up. After we went golfing we had a party at 'Iolani Palace. The King's Guard stood on the sides of a long red carpet as we walked on to the grounds. We were welcomed by darling little girls that said, "Aloha"


and placed beautiful leis around our necks. We got to take a tour of the Palace. HP had white paper lanterns hung everywhere, and bright red and golden lights lit the front of the palace. We had hors d'oeuuvres and drinks and listened to a Hawaiian band. It started to rain a little, so Lincoln suggested we start walking to the dinning tent. About 10 steps away it started to POUR on us. I laughed at the people still back at the front of the palace as they started to race toward the tent....screaming. We had a great dinner and listened to some great musicians...oh, and watched these adorable girls hula dance. They were like four to eight years old! Cute! The decor was amazing. Bright red and orange fabric covered the tables, palm fronds were tied behind each chair with fabric, and the center piece was a hundred orange, red, and yellow orchids. There were giant red umbrellas hanging upside down from the ceiling, and orchids and other flowers decorated each corner. It was heavenly!


more tomorrow....

2 comments:

Mahaffey Family said...

You guys certainly had a magical time there!
Your posts are making me want to go so bad!!!

Christie said...

I've been reading these all along, just not always commenting. Just thought I would leave my mark so you know that I love you