Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Waimea Bay






Dear body surfers and brave swimmers (and people sitting on the sand),

Were you at Waimea Bay in early March 2011? Well- you were in my photographs, so I got rid of you. Don't they look perfect now? It was fun watching you get pummeled by the shore break though.

Sincerely,
Jeri


We rented a jeep for a few days. One day we drove to the Waimea bay, and Lincoln swam in the ocean for a while. The shore break was really crazy, so I just watched. There were some people that had the hardest time getting out of the water, so I am glad I was just sitting there taking pictures. Beautiful spot there.

Then we ate some Thai food, and I thought my drink was the prettiest thing ever. I took a picture and told Lincoln I was going to take the bottle home and use it for something. The waitress took my empty bottle and throw it out. Lincoln made her go get it! =) (Last week my maid tried to throw it out! Come on people---"prettiest thing ever.")




After we ate we went to some fun little shops and art galleries. I loved seeing this guys work HUGE!




We saw the sun setting and drove like crazy to go photograph it. We missed the actual sun dipping down, but the colors were still pretty so I got a few.




Here is our lovely little jeep. That was the best idea ever! Of course it was Lincoln's. =) We had such a blast driving around with the top down!

6 comments:

Maggie said...

When I first opened this post I thought 'wow how did she luck out to find Waimea Beach empty"?? NICE. I love these photos. I hope there are more Hawaii posts...it has been so fun viewing your trip this way.

Mike James said...

awesome. :)

Kayelynn said...

That's so cool you know how to make those people vanish. The pictures look amazing! Don't you just want to go back?

onecent said...

FUN! I can't believe I am only just now seeing these! I want to see more! Glad you ditched the people... they ont belong in your beautiful photos anyway! ;)

Christie said...

Please tell me that you thought of me while you were driving around in that jeep living my dream! Looks like an awesome time!! And SOOO pretty

Deb said...

i love the bottle too. so cute.