Tuesday, February 15, 2011

love 11

I love my birthday!


My actual birthday started out a little lonely.


I woke up at 5:00 am, and got in a taxi at 5:45 (he was 15 mins LATE!).

I flew to Utah for my niece's wedding.

Someone else in front of me was celebrating their birthday too! They announced it over the intercom, and then everyone on the plane sang to her! I kept my mouth shut, but I'll admit-- I imagined it was for me for a second- and smiled. =)

I got to Utah after a *warm* layover in Phoenix. My Mom and Dad , my brother Mike picked me up from the airport. It felt so good to see everyone.

My Mom made me her yummy Lasagna. The table was set in red and white. My sister Jennifer and her family, and my brother Steve and his new wife came over to eat with us. They all sang to me! It sounded so good. Way better than a plane full of strangers singing! Then we had some amazing homemade carrot cake. It was a good day!




When I was little we had these books on tape about important people throughout history. I found out that Thomas Edison and I shared a birthday.....and he became my HERO! (I bet my Mom is laughing.) I adored him. If I ever had to give a oral report in school on a famous person...guess who I chose---Thomas Edison. (or Paula Abdul but that's another story.) I was just reading his biography, and I still LOVE him! What an amazing man.








Maggie sent me a birthday message on Facebook to let me know that I share a birthday with another famous person.......



I think I things would have worked out a little differently if this boy existed when I was a little girl! LOL! A genius inventor versus Taylor Lautner, I fear that my heart would have swayed the other way. My oral reports wouldn't have been as interesting- that's for sure, but my visual aides would have been better.

4 comments:

Kayelynn said...

You know, I have to agree...he would have totaly rivaled Jordan Knight! ha! ha! I'm so glad you had a good birthday trip! Your mom's meals always sound so good! Makes me hungry. (I hope you post a picture from the wedding - hint, hint.)

Maggie said...

Ha! I love this post. I am glad you had a nice birthday trip. you are fabulous my friend.

onecent said...

HAHA! yes, take Taylor over Thomas!!! Looks are better than brains!!!! (did I just say that out loud?) hehe
Glad you had such a great time, ANd that you were able to go to Utah and bring me back some YUMMY bread! ;)
<3 you!

Anonymous said...

I love you Jer!
ur bro,
Mike